The County of Hawai‘i Liquor Control online liquor license and permit service provides an easy and convenient way for businesses to initiate the licensing and permitting process.
Liquor License Original
The process of obtaining a Liquor license is highly regulated. To guide you through the process, a licensing officer is available. Start your application by providing preliminary information about your business. After receiving your information and application fee, a licensing officer will contact you to schedule an interview.
Liquor License Renewal
Businesses with a current liquor license are required to renew their license by June 30th.
To renew, submit your application with:
- a copy of the notarized page of application form APPLICATION FOR RENEWAL OF LIQUOR LICENSE
- a copy of your current Hawai‘i State Tax Clearance or Hawai‘i Compliance Express (HCE) Vendor Compliance Certificate
- a copy of your current DCCA Annual Report
- proof of liquor liability insurance, and
- renewal fee payment.
Direct Wine Shipper Permit
If your business plans to sell and ship wine to customers in the County of Hawai‘i, a permit is required by law.
To apply, submit a permit application with:
- a copy of your current Hawaii State General Excise Tax license
- a copy of your current Alcoholic Beverage License, and
- permit fee payment.